1. I thought more than once about extending my visit to NYC when I got the NDP notice and then the pre-sale code for the Discos' show at the Bowery, but I seriously cannot spend that time off without consequences - the day and a half I'm taking are being made up by working MLK Jr Day and the thirteen hours I spent in lab on Tuesday. (As an aside, J is going to be in town that weekend too. Cling-time! :D :D :D)
2. New post-doc arrived. SO TIRED OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS. It would be okay if it were just her, but I have literally spent hours
the last three days showing other people how to do things. It's not like I have, you know, shit of my own to do.
3. I keep thinking about writing something, anything, but by the time I get home from work, I can't be bothered to think straight.
4. Almost through S2 of The West Wing
. It's funny in a sad way how a decade after these episodes aired, NONE of the issues they confront have altered significantly. (And I still love CJ like burning.) [ETA: The more I watch, the less I care for Bartlet. To me he comes off as a predictable, pompous ass who relies on a bottomless well of useless trivia, his own opinion, and the bible more than anything else.]
5. Rise Against's new album comes out the same week as GD's Awesome As Fuck
? Good music week. Actually, I think that's the week of SXSW, so it'll be a FABULOUS music week. :D :D :D (Also, did I ever flail here about Another Station; Another Mile
? My heart eyes over them, I can't even explain.)
6. I was earwormed today by Wisdom, Justice, and Love
. First when Tavis Smiley & Amy Goodman got into it on Democracy Now this morning (and wasn't that
a total lovefest?) and then when my iPod kept cycling through A Thousand Suns
. [There was a thought somewhere about violent political rhetoric and the long war and the political assassinations of the 60s, but I'm too tired to connect the dots now.]
7. A reminder from J had me all excited: the new Mercy Gunderson novel
is out! And Amazon said that my copy had been delivered. But there is no package on my doorstep, in my mailbox, or in my neighbor's house. The USPS is not being particularly helpful at the moment, but I suppose that's because it's after hours. *sigh* I guess I'll keep slogging through Aftermath
and Learning To Eat Soup With A Knife
in the meantime.
8. Fuck yes!
(PLEASE, BILL WHITE, RUN FOR HER SEAT.)
9. 30Jan shows of American Idiot
are/will be sold out b/c it's BJA as St. Jimmy and it's most likely Michael Esper's last show, y/n?
10. Fanta orange soda + Dripping Springs vodka = A+ supper choice